General Websites for Information on COVID-19:
1. The State of Hawai‘i Department of Health has created a website dedicated to providing COVID-19 information and resources to the community: https://hawaiicovid19.com/
2. Aloha United Way strong>has created a hotline in partnership with DOH to answer COVID-19 questions: Dial 211
Information for Employers:
3. The Hawai‘i Chamber of Commerce has produced a COVID-19 micro-site that is geared toward employers in Hawai‘i: https://covid19.cochawaii.org/frequently-asked-questions/
4. The Hawai‘i Department of Labor and Industrial Relations has workplace information for employers: http://labor.hawaii.gov/get-the-latest-covid-19-workplace-updates/
5. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has helpful information on stress management during this crisis: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/managing-stress-anxiety.html
6. Insurance Policy Considerations Information: How will my insurance policies respond to COVID-19?
All insurance policies are different
Tenants may wish to check with their providers on the following:
Business interruption – may replace lost income due to a disaster and usually requires direct physical property loss or damage to insured’s property
Contingent business interruption – may replace lost income due to supply chain disruption
Civil authority and ingress and egress – may replace lost income if access to insured’s property is prevented or prohibited by governmental authority
Pollution legal liability – for tenants that carry this in their policy, there may be coverage depending on the policy’s definition of Pollutant and Release
7. Families First Coronavirus Response Act: This legislation was signed into law by the President on March 18th (https://www.whitehouse.gov/) and provides for supplemental appropriations related to the COVID-19 public health emergency, waivers and modifications of Federal nutrition programs, employment-related protections and benefits, health programs and insurance coverage requirements, and related tax credits during the COVID-19 public health emergency.